Prepare time: under 30 min
- for 4 servings
- ½ lb top sirloin steak (225 g)
- pico de gallo, or salsa of your choice
- corn tortilla
Avocado Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1 ripe avocado
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro (15 g)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ⅔ cup water (160 mL)
- salt, to taste
Chili Lime Rub
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, or 1 lime
- Place the avocado, cilantro, lime juice, water, and salt in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic, and lime juice.
- Rub the chili lime rub all over the steak in a thin, even layer.
- Grill the steak on either a grill or stove-top grill pan. To get the “X” grill marks, sear the steak for 1 minute, then adjust about 90 degrees and grill for another minute. Flip the steak when you’ve achieved desired grill marks and repeat the process on the other side.
- Allow the steak to rest for 5-10 minutes once taken off the heat.
- Slice the steak thinly, against the grain of the meat.
- Prepare the tacos by topping the corn tortillas with a few strips of meat, salsa, the avocado cilantro lime sauce, and cilantro, and serve.