This delectable wonderful and healthy treat is everything about simple.
Thanks to Lauren Toyota and John Diemer from warm for food blog site. Adjusted from planet and city.
Instructions for : Healthy Peanut Butter & Jam Squares
- 3 ½ cups gluten-free oats
- 2 ½ cups raw almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 cups dates, pitted
- 2 cups natural peanut butter
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 cup jam of your choice
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- Grind almonds in a food processor until they become a fine meal and place into a mixing bowl. Grind oats the same way, then add the almond meal back in.
- Add cinnamon and sea salt, and with the food processor running add in dates a few at a time, until the mixture starts to come together. Press 3/4 of this mixture into a parchment lined 9-inch x 13-inch pan.
- Blend peanut butter, bananas and sea salt together in a food processor.
- In the same style as the almonds/oats mixture, feed the dates in a few at a time until the mixture is smooth. If the mixture seems too thick to spread with a spatula, add a little water as necessary.
- Spread this mixture over the pressed base in the pan.
- You can mix chia seeds into the jam if you like, then spread the jam over top of the peanut butter layer.
- Then add the remaining crumble on top.
- Refrigerate overnight and cut into squares. Store squares in the fridge to prevent melting.