Easy flatbread covered with meaty sauteed mushrooms and velvety goat cheese.
Directions for: Marsala Mushroom and Goat Cheese Flatbread
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz mixed sliced mushrooms, such as cremini, baby button, portobello
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Marsala
- Pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 flatbreads
- ½ cup pesto
- ½ cup finely shredded mozzarella
- ¾ cup crumbled goat cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the butter and oil until the butter is melted. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Pour in the Marsala and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until the mushrooms are cooked down and the liquid is mostly gone, 5 to 7 minutes. Mix in 2 tablespoons of the parsley. Set aside.
3. Put the flatbreads on a baking sheet. Brush with the pesto, then top with the mozzarella, mushroom mixture and goat cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
4. Bake until the flatbreads are heated through and the cheese is melted, bubbly and beginning to brown, about 15 minutes.