Prepare time: 35 min
Cook: 1 hr 10 min
Pair this delicious dish with a risotto and a nice bottle of wine. This Italian favorite is easy to make and sure to impress your guests.
- 1/2 lb uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ plain panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place foil muffin liner in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups. Spray liners with cooking spray. Cook macaroni as directed on package; drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 4-quart saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add flour, salt and pepper; cook and beat with whisk 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Slowly beat in milk. Heat just to boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese. Stir in macaroni. Divide mixture evenly among cups.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 2 tablespoons butter uncovered on High 60 to 90 seconds or until melted. Stir in bread crumbs and parsley. Spoon on top of mixture in cups. Gently press.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until bread crumb mixture is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.