Prepare time: 25 min
Total: 25 min
Pair this delicious dish with a risotto and a nice bottle of wine. This Italian favorite is easy to make and sure to impress your guests.
- 6 oz refrigerated cooked Southwest-flavor chicken breast strips (from 9- or 12-oz package)
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; 8 tortillas)
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups finely shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. In small bowl, mix chicken and salsa.
- Spray 1 side of 1 tortilla with cooking spray; place sprayed side down in 10-inch nonstick skillet. Layer with one-fourth of the chicken mixture and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Top with another tortilla; spray top of tortilla with cooking spray.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes, carefully turning after 2 minutes, until golden brown. Repeat with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese. To serve, cut quesadillas into wedges. Serve with sour cream and, if desired, additional salsa.